Time runs incessantly by like a waterfall, violently. Clock and Watch seem to have the power over the days of men, they are such cruel rulers. The Sun and the Moon are no longer the Masters of the biological clock of the people in the Land of Hurry. Tic Toc; Tic Toc is the sound that can be heard all over the land, no time for listening to the birds' song or watching squirrels, or kissing longer, or hugging tighter. Moms run from here and there, tirelessly, dragging feet and children. Dads go and go and go....
- But wait!
- Wait? Who dares to say THAT word in this Land of Hurry?
- It is me, Quiet-Slow-Mom
- Are you talking to me? Sorry... I don't have time to stay, I have to go. So many things in my list. I just can't wait!
- Wait, please. Please, listen to me...
For some strange reason Rushing-Busy-Mom always in a hurry stopped. For the first time in months she stopped and even felt her heart pumping blood through her body, and without even thinking stared for a moment at a few small beautiful flowers beside the road, and felt her little daughter's hand holding hers.
-I used to walk like you, enslaved by the cruel Clock and like you, I loved to be running all day. It made me feel... so... productive. Yes, I felt more important if I could handle more things than I wanted to do. I murmured a tiny prayer whenever I had time and sometimes I read a Bible verse that had been on my fridge for years. Yes, I had the same endless excuses, the little ones, the laundry, the money, the husband, the Bible study, the bills, the gym, the so longed for "Time-For-Me", who, by the way, is the most shrewd deceiver around Moms. But one day I stopped... well actually , He made stop...
-He? I barely remember any of His Words... It has been so long...I haven't have time.
- Yes, He made me stop; the Owner of my Days; the One who fixed the Sun and Moon in place to give us a day to work and a night to rest. He spoke clearly to me, I remember well. It was one day when he opened my ears to hear my voice, my dialog. I was scared. The two words that my children were listening from me all day long were terrifying: Hurry Up!
Rushing-Busy-Mom had a lump on her throat and a tear made of minuscules particles of wasted time, rolled down from her cheek.
Quiet-Slow-Mom kept on saying,
- When I realized how many times I had spoken those words I broke into pieces. I knew in that moment that those words I kept saying all day, all days were exactly the opposite of what my heart longed for... I did not want to rush the hours, I did not want to make the time pass by so quickly, I did not want to hurry the moments... O Beautiful Moments that were disappearing without no one noticing them, and I just let them go, while Clock and Watch observed, and they laughed at me.
Rushing-Busy-Mom sat on the grass, and held her baby girl in her arms who was now sleeping. She took her tiny hands and took a moment to see how much her hands had grown and how beautiful her hair was. The rays of the Sun were particularly beautiful that day... or so they seemed. She looked at Quiet-Slow-Mom and whispered to her...
- Do you think it is possible, really possible, to stop living under the cruel, rude, and powerful dominion of Clock and Watch? Is there a way out of the Land of Hurry?
- Yes, there is a way out of the Land of Hurry. It is that tiny door over there; it is just like the Door to Paradise which is narrow; it is a door through which you must enter on your knees, face down, with a contrite spirit... slowly, very slowly. You must leave behind all that doesn't matter and walk through it humbly. When you hear the Owner of Time, the One who holds the days of mankind in the palm of His hand calling you, do not hesitate and walk through it. He will teach you to number your days; He will teach you to live wisely in the Land. He will help you to kiss longer and hug tighter, and slow down to play and read a book. He will renew your strength every day with the power of His Word; when You come to meet Him early in the mornings you will find out how to live in this frame of time, serving Him and not Clock or Watch. You will find rest under His shadow and peace under His wings. You will soon find yourself loving more, smiling more, baking more, making love more... It is when we stop and deliberately seek Him that Time stops ruling our days and we start living, fully living under His sun and by His grace...